The Sievers M5310 C Portable Total Organic Carbon (TOC) Analyzer is the most versatile of the M TOC Analyzer Series, offering maximum flexibility for how and where it is used. Weighing just 9.8 kg (21.6 lbs), it’s lightweight, compact design makes it a powerful troubleshooting analysis tool that can be installed online for continuous measurement or carried to any location in the water system.
The M5310 C Portable is engineered for ease of use and cost-effective operation, allowing it to be used for single grab samples, autosampler mode, or in a process stream for continuous on-line TOC measurement.
An unequalled level of efficiency and flexibility
- 50% faster TOC analysis over legacy 5310 C Analyzers, providing readings in only two minutes
- Automated operations (calibration, verification, and data analysis) and Autoreagent feature enable unattended operation.
- Saved methods are now available at the instrument.
Easy to use and cost-effective
- Streamlined protocols
- Intelligent diagnostics with more informative error and alert messages and fast-links for independent troubleshooting
- The M5310 C Analyzer’s database structure allows more useful ways to arrange, search and query data.
- There is no need for external reagents or gas supplies.
- The M5310 C requires only a few hours of preventive maintenance per year, and calibration is stable for 12 months.
- It’s large, color, touch-screen display provides intuitive menus.
Unique TOC technology
The M5310 C Analyzer recovers difficult-to-oxidize organic compounds, such as humic acid, by combining UV/persulfate oxidation with the proven Membrane Conductometric Detection Technology, a US EPA-approved methodology under Standard Methods 5310 C and USEPA Method 415.3. Supporting Disinfectants and Disinfection Byproducts Rule (DBPR) compliance, the M5310 C automatically calculates percent TOC removal for influent and effluent streams or samples.
Now with integrated Inorganic Carbon Remover
The Inorganic Carbon Remover (ICR) feature is now integrated inside the Analyzer. Available in all three models, ICR enables more accurate TOC results by reducing inorganic carbon (IC) levels in sample streams with high IC/TOC ratios.
Advanced productivity and efficieincy
- Two-minute analysis time
- Automated operations, such as calibration and data analysis
- Autoreagent feature automatically establishes optimal flow rates for each sample
Low Maintenance and Operating Costs
- No external reagent or gas supplies are required, saving valuable lab space, time, and money.
- Internal reagent packs that can be installed in minutes to achieve three to six months of uninterrupted service, depending on the application.
- The M5310 C Series Analyzers typically require just a few hours per year of preventive maintenance.
- It’s modular design facilitates quick consumables replacement and preventive maintenance.
12-month calibration stability
The M5310 C Laboratory Analyzer offers 12-month calibration stability, unlike competing analyzers that require weekly or even daily calibration. Users can select from a variety of single- and multi-point calibration routines. To further simplify operation, calibration calculations are performed and constants updated automatically.
Simple and intuitive use
- Large, color, touch-screen display
- Saved methods available at the instrument
- At-a-glance consumables expenditure evaluation
- Trend data displays in tabular or graphical form
Expanded Data Access
The M5310 C Laboratory TOC Analyzer uses a standard PC connection (USB port or Ethernet connectivity via serial, parallel port) to open data files directly into Microsoft® Excel® without the need to convert data with proprietary software.
Self-contained in ruggesd dust- and spray-resistant enclosure, the M5310 C combines innovative design improvements with carefully selected materials and components to ensure maximum uptime.
|GE Autosampler – The GE Autosampler provides random access capability with high sample capacity (up to 63 positions for 40-mL or 60-mL vials). The Sievers DataPro2 software integrates the GE Autosampler with the M5310 C Portable Analyzer to offer productivity-enhancing features, and DataPro2 also gives users full sampling flexibility with custom sample protocols and user-defined sampling capabilities.|
|DataPro2 Software – The Sievers DataPro2 Software integrates the GE Autosampler with the M5310 C Portable Analyzer to offer productivity-enhancing features such as automated calibration and validation protocols. DataPro2 gives users full sampling flexibility with custom sample protocols and user-defined sampling capabilities. View our series of informational videos on YouTube.||DataPro2 Videos|
|GE Autosampler Rinse Station – The optional Rinse Station flushes the sample inlet system and needle with a flowing water source, maximizing analytical performance of samples of varying concentrations.|
|Inorganic Carbon Remover (ICR) – The Inorganic Carbon Remover (ICR) feature is now integrated inside the Analyzer. Available in all three models, ICR enables more accurate TOC results by reducing inorganic carbon (IC) levels in sample streams with high IC/TOC ratios.|
Search in the Library for these and other resources for the Sievers M5310 C Series Total Organic Carbon (TOC) Analyzers:
- Application Notes and Papers
- Certificates of Analysis
- Declarations of Conformity
- Engineering company specs
- Field Service Bulletins
- Technology Animations
- TOC Analyzer Search and Buyer’s Guide
|Range||4 ppb to 50 ppm|
|Precision||< 1% RSD|
|Accuracy||± 2% or ± 0.5 ppb, whichever is greater|
|Display Readout||3 significant digits|
|Sample Type||On-line continuous, Autosampler, or discrete grab sample, timed on-line, TOC removal on-line, TOC removal grab|
|Calibration||Typically stable for 12 months|
|Analysis Time||2 minutes|
|Sample Temperature**||5–95 °C (41–203 °F)|
|Ambient Temperature||5–40 °C (41–104 °F)|
|Sample Pressure||100 psig|
|Required Sample Line Flow Rate||>50 mL/min (for on-line mode)|
|On-Line Inlet(s)||One stream|
|Outputs||4-20 mA output (3); alarm outputs (4); binary input (1); USB device port (1); USB host ports (2); Ethernet|
|Display||7″ WVGA, Color LCD with touch-screen|
|Power||100 – 240 V~, 50 – 60 Hz, 100 VA|
|Fuses||Replace with same type and size fuse: T 1.6 A 250 VAC Fuse (Slow Blow), size 5 X 20 mm appliance inlet|
|Dimensions||H: 39.5 cm (15.4 in); W: 22.9 cm (9.0 in); D: 46.4 cm (18.3 in)|
|Weight||9.8 kg (21.6 lb)|
|Safety Certifications||ETL, CE see Declaration of Conformity|
|Maximum Relative Humidity||0 – 95%, non-condensing|
|Maximum Altitude||3,000 m (9.800 ft)|
*Stated analytical performance is achievable under controlled laboratory conditions that minimize operator and standards errors.
**Sample temperature above 60 °C requires optional PVDF iOS.